|The Galapagos Islands are a phenomenal and educational place to visit! Whether you spend your holiday on one of the amazing Galapagos Cruises or on a Galapagos Hotel-based tour, we all need to do our part to help maintain these islands as pristine and special as possible, it´s important to follow the National Galapagos Park Rules:
- While visiting the National park, you must be accompanied by a certified National Park guide.
- The only things you can “take” from the Galapagos are photos and videos. If you wish to shoot video footage professionally, you must obtain authorization from the National Park.
- Respect the boundaries of the marked trails.
- Do not approach the Galapagos Animals closer than 2 Meters.
- There are specific camp sites within the Park limits. All camping requires permission from the National Park.
- Please cooperate with the local authorities at all times in their inspection, control and monitoring.
- Do not bring foreign organisms to the islands.
- Do not purchase souvenirs made from endangered specimens or natural elements which should not be removed from the islands.
Do not feed the animals at any time.
- Do not scratch or mark up any rock faces or trees.
- Separate your garbage accordingly and do not litter.
- Do not smoke or light fires within the National Park.
- Fishing is strictly prohibited unless aboard one of the authorized boats for this purpose.
- Motorized water sports are prohibited.
Let´s help to keep the Galapagos as they should be! To see how http://www.galapagosislands.com is doing its part to help out conservation, please read more at http://www.galapagosislands.com/about-us.html.